Feminist Pedagogy
I don't know, I guess I am not crazy into this essay. I like feminist ideas. I think that it is important to look at things differently, especially when you are a student. I guess I think that feminist pedagogy isn't something that should need to be done, but that it is kind of already done by choosing certain books to read, and writing on certain subjects. I think that anything more than that needs to be a separate class on Feminism. Women are very important and deserve a whole class that is devoted to them. Composition courses should include women writers and as Jarratt says it includes, "decentering or sharing of authority, the recognition of students as sources of knowledge, a focus on processes," etc. I like the idea of trying to change the way thing usually are in a classroom. I am not sure why I am not crazy about this chapter though. I guess I just don't think that way, I guess I think things are changing and it isn't necessary to use feminism as a pedagogy. I think I need to learn more about it before I talk more about it. I didn't get a clear idea of what it is through this reading. I'm not sure if men can be feminists either.
Community Service Pedagogy
I think this is a good idea, but it shouldn't be the only way. I also think, as we said in class, that community service should be voluntary, not mandatory. I do think that forcing students into it may not be as beneficial as it is supposed to be. I didn't experience any community service stuff in high school, but I wish I did. I think that working with the community is important for students to get an idea of where they live, what surrounds them, and how they can help, even how they can't help. I disagree with Julier though and do think that service learning is community service. Why isn't it? I also think it is volunteerism, if you signed up for it. I see how it can be beneficial to writing, I see that many ideologies are brought together. I like the idea, just maybe not forcing it on anyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This should be May not April!!!!
Post a Comment