Perl's chapter go hand in hand with our transcribing projects. I completely agree with Perl that writing is recursive. Just going through this "experiment" myself proved that to me. I was constantly moving backwards in order to move ahead. I thin that it is something important to recognize when writing, so that we can take the linear equation out. Not everything in writing is linear, or at least it shouldn't be. The process of writing is just as important if not more important than the writing itself. If the process is recursive, then what makes writing so linear? That just doesn't go together. The questions we ask ourselves during our process's help us move forward even if they imply to the past.
Runicman's writing is so true to me. It is interesting that people don't talk about or write about writing as something fun and pleasurable. I think this is something that we all need to take into consideration when we are teaching writing. Writing teachers need to change their attitude if they are going to give off a good feeling about writing to the students. Most of the time writing teachers are complaining about how frustrating it is to be them. I understand that as well, it must be frustrating to have so many different individuals, and try to determine how the write. However, if the teachers can show students that writing is fun and pleasurable, to them...the teachers, than maybe students will think it is okay to have a good time writing. Why shouldn't writing be fun?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment