Saturday, May 12, 2007

Box Logic April 12

I really enjoyed this chapter. I know I talked about it in class, but I just really think that Sirc has a great way of looking at composition as art. I think I relate to him because I definitely see the art in most things. I understand that some people may see students collecting things to put in a "box" may not fulfill the composition requirements, but I think that this way is just as effective as any other way. Perhaps some students may want to throw some stuff into a box and call it a day, but I think that if we gave students more opportunities to compose this way, that they would take it seriously and come up with amazing pieces. I definitely think that if I were to do this in a classroom, I would require a writers memo with it, just so I could really understand what the student was going for. Also, this may eliminate any of those students who think this is a way of getting out of something. The chapter itself is really interesting too. The formatting makes sense for this chapter. I know we talked about why he chose this format, but I think that it is perfect for what he is talking about. I do wish I had a writers memo from him though!

No comments: