Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Fun Day.

Remember the fun day we had when we did that directions assignment in class? That was fun.
I enjoyed it because it was very interesting to see the results. Directions are important in school. They have to be clear, or something weird can happen. I am glad that a few of us got to do the same set of directions. It was neat to see how we did it differently. Our conversation on how to grade it was also very interesting. Do we grade every one the same? Just because they did it? Or do we grade down if they go above and beyond? That is a hard question to answer. I guess that as a teacher, we need to be very clear how we are going to grade the students before we give them the assignment. This way they will understand(hopefully) what is expected of them. They will know that going above and beyond can possibly hurt them, so they won't feel the need to do that. Getting to the point of figuring out how to grade students is a little harder. I guess it takes some good advice and experience to be able to know exactly what to do. Anyway, that was a fun day.

No comments: