Elbow/Bartholomae
I like what Elbow is saying here. I do think that it is important that students can be both an academic and a writer. I also think that it is important for them to read their own work, as well as work from other students. They just write for the teacher usually and I agree with Elbow that that may be the reason they are not invested in their work as much as they should be. Writing in the newspaper is a good idea, but we all do not have that opportunity. I also agree that we shouldn't always stick to the "key" texts that we usually do. We shouldn't look at them as if they are part of a museum, they should speak to us as writers and students today. We should read what helps us, even if it is our own work. He may be a romantic, but I understand where he is coming from. I also kind of agree with Bartholomae. I see where he is coming from. I think that writing is personal though. I know that our culture plays a big part in how we write, but what we end up with is our own. As I have said before, even a research paper is our own...has our values and choices and opinions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I forgot to Title this and I don't know how to edit!!!!!!
Anyway...it is about Elbow/Bartholomae....
Post a Comment