okay.....here I am, at my parents house for the purpose of...and only of making up some blogs. It is stupid how difficult it has been to keep up with this. So, here I go...back to the beginning of March.
I'll talk a little about my opinion of Donald Murray's Writing Is Autobiography. I know that this caused some discussion in class, and mostly how Murray is crazy. I actually, as I said in class, think that a lot of what he says is true for me. I also believe that what is write is autobiographical in the sense that it is coming from us. Each person had their own style, whether they know it or not, and in most writing that style, our experiences, our knowledge, etc. are somehow integrated into our writing. I do think that Murray should have perhaps included some other forms of writing, and explained how he thinks they are autobiographical. It doesn't help every one out if we are all reading some of his obviously autobiographical poetry and stories. I do see his point though, and agree with the idea that we all add something personal to our writing. I know personal can have many meanings, but I mean something that comes from us exclusively. He could have made a better case for this essay. He could have done it in a way that doesn't seem ridiculous to some people. I think I understand what he is trying to say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment