Tuesday, February 6, 2007

My first time.....blogging 486

okay.....I am in this now.
Thank you to those who have helped me become blog literate. ( well, sort of)
Anyway, I guess I'll start with day one....Amish people.
I think that we should all become like the Amish people.
Why do I say this? Well, things would be more simple I guess.
Why more simple?
Well, we would focus more on our community and more on the people in it, and that is a good thing. We wouldn't be so caught up in computers and the Internet, websites and e-mailing each other, cell phones and all of that sort of stuff. I'm not saying that that stuff is bad or wrong, but it does make our lives a bit more impersonal if you ask me. I say this because when was the last time we wrote an actual letter, like the Amish do, to a friend, a relative, etc.? Letters are personal because it is in our own writing, it is a work that represents us through paper, ink, words, etc. An e-mail or a text message, although it does serve a functional purpose, is less personal. It is the computer or the phone that is doing the work...the computer or phone serves as the paper that you no longer need to supply, the editor because you no longer need to know how to spell, the post office because you no longer need to stick an envelope on it and send it out!
Same thing with phone conversations. Why call someone when you can e-mail or text them? I understand that the phone can be expensive or whatever, but I really miss hearing somebody's voice on the phone, or even meeting them somewhere to talk face to face.
Well, that went off a little, sorry.
You get my point I'm sure.
Maybe I just need to get hip.
Maybe I'm not cool.
Maybe my lack of technology puts a damper on my social life.
Who knows?
This is fun though.....this blog thing.
I'm having a good time.
Okay, I'll stop.

1 comment:

ERIKA said...

Hey Kasandra! May I just say that I am glad to have found another fan of prince. :)