Monday, February 26, 2007

Blogs

After last week's class, I feel kind of bad that I didn't realize how "big" blogs were. We were talking about how people can lose their jobs over what they put on their blog, and that didn't make since to me. It seemed weird that people could just go and read your blog, especially people that you didn't want there. I guess that I thought a blog was for groups like this class, or where people go to a specific place on the Internet and talk about it. I had no idea that blogs can be linked to one's website and name, etc. I guess I was thinking that if I hated my boss, and wrote about it on my own personal blog, that my boss wouldn't go looking on the web for my blog that he/she didn't know about in the first place. The blog to me seems like the only one reading it is me. Well, I felt a little stupid when Shipka said something along the lines of you must be an idiot to write stuff like that on your blog because I had argued the free speech thing. I probably would not write about my boss on my blog, not because of getting fired, or well because I don't have a boss, but because I just don't care enough to about write about someone I dislike. I'm sure that is opposite for many people, but hey. I just didn't realize how much blogs are actually used, but now I think I understand how widely accepted and looked at they are. I guess I need to think twice about what I say on these blogs, because honestly I still feel like they are very personal, and almost an extension of the classroom.
Just thought I'd put that out there for the whole wide world to see.

No comments: