Thursday, March 1, 2007

The last time I GOT to....

The last time I though, "I get to do this???" Wow, that is really hard, especially lately (read blog below). I guess I said, "Ooooh, I get to record myself on a tape recorder and someone else has to transcribe it!" That is funny, because someone else HAS to transcribe it, just like I HAVE to transceiver someone else's. The recording part is what I get to do.
As for writing, I would say that the last time I got to write something was the grocery list. That may sound weird, but it is really cool when I write the list, that way I can put or sneak some things onto the list, like cookies. I don't have any money, so I can't do the actual shopping unless given money, which rarely happens, so it is important for me to write the list when I can. Even though I don't always get what I put on the list, sometimes I do out of guilt. (my boyfriend is like a Father when it comes to buying things, save money!!, if you don't NEED it, then we don't get it!! Shit like that.)
The last piece of longer writing I got to write, or help write was a script for a movie that the production company I'm in did a year ago. That was really cool. I have wanted to write the scripts, but we have a writer who does mostly everything. He asked me to help him out, and that was exciting. I GOT to do that which was great.
Reading....well, this may sound funny, but the last book that I read for leisure, the last book I GOT to read was Harry Potter!!! I know, I promise I'm not just saying that to piss anyone off, I actually was so excited to read the last one.
I wish my answers were more deep, whatever that is. It would be cool to say that I got to read the lost ancient Egyptian tomb paintings, if that was such a thing, but those haven't fallen into my lap just yet. When they do, I will be excited about that!!

1 comment:

ERIKA said...

Hi everybody! I have a huge favor to ask! I am working on a paper concerning gender differences in written communication. If you could bring, or e-mail me a copy of a conversation you had with someone of the opposite sex, I would greatly appreciate it! It could be about anything! You could print out an IM conversation, or provide a copy of a letter- anything in writing that implies conversation, even if it is not an actual conversation (like the text of a card someone gave you, etc.). If you have time, could you briefly describe your interpretations of or intentions for the conversation, and tell if you think it was successful- why or why not? But if you don’t have time, the text will do just fine! Thanks for your help! Even two responses would be a lifesaver! You can email me at erika6@umbc.edu or you can reach me on my blog page. If you can get the text to me before Sunday that would be awesome! I owe you one! :)